Sunday, October 13, 2013

Therapy donkey Apple!

My daughter is back and help'en me to 'Navigate' the blog.  I wanted life to be simple, however I am thinking this computer adventure is harder than scoop'en poop from the chicken coop! Today I watched my daughter click away at the keyboard so fast without and concern of an error! The younger generation seems to just gravitate to the key board so naturally.

So today I am practicing loading a picture. Lucky you guys! This is a picture of our donkey Apple. He was trained for therapy work in the hospitals! We first had to convince the child life specialist that we were interested in bringing in a donkey! We were already bringing in our therapy dog Buster, so he thought doggy. He was stunned when we brought in a picture of Apple as a baby. My husband said "yes this is a puppy donkey!" Talk about back peddling coming from the child life specialist. He said we needed to train him through the Pet Partners program. They could only compare him to a big dog and that is how we tailored his training. He could do everything except sit on command. All the training I did going in and out of businesses for practice didn't prepare us for the hospital elevator though!

After a year of training we brought Apple to the first hospital!  He was a tremendous distraction and was well received by the children and doctors! A huge hit and one I will never forget in my lifetime. This picture below is of Eva who asked Apple to go back to her room with her, we think by the expression on her face he said 'yes'!
I will try to once more pictures if anyone wants to see more. I now need to go collect the eggs for the day! Enjoy the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment