In my dry mix: (I typically have this dry mix in mason jars, so I have about 6 cups of the mix in the jar at all times.)
| Dry mix is always ready! |
One cup of Quinoa Flour. (I make my own by putting the Quinoa seed in the blender and whip it up into a flour. I found that one cup of dry seed equals about two cups of flour!)
One cup of buckwheat flour.
Two teaspoons of baking soda
A table spoon of cinnamon more if you want, or less.
And salt if you want. About 1/8.
Now if you double that you have four cups of dry stuff. But I typically triple it.
I put recipes together like my grandmother did. Well okay, somebody else's grandmother did it my way. Neither of my grandmothers cooked anything from... "Scratch"!
Understand, this is a very forgiving recipe!
The next part is the wet stuff. The more wet stuff you make, you have more pancakes. This is the part of the recipe that dictates the amount of pancakes I make.
In a large mixing bowl:
I whip up into a thick lather, four eggs.
Add about...(give or take) a tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar. YUP Apple cider vinegar. It seems to make the pancake hold together and not be so dry, but if you don't have any, don't worry. You'll still have something yummy to eat.
About three table spoons of liquid Coconut oil. I use extra virgin cold press.
I add coconut palm sugar to taste into the wet liquid. I like to make my wet mix taste like eggnog. Remember real eggnog?
(Sometimes I add water, about a cup, to the wet mix along with the eggs and coconut oil. It doesn't seem to change the pancake much, maybe makes it a tad bit thinner)
Mix it together and then...
Add the dry mix to the wet mix about 1/4 a cup at a time by shaking in a little at a time out of the jar or what you put your dry mix into. I just tip the mason jar over and start shaking it into the wet mix until I have a thin batter. You can make a thick batter too just by adding more dry stuff, that is if you want a hearty pancake that takes care of the hungries. (I found that out by accident! I shook and tilted the dry mix out and a bunch came out all at once! I looked like a snowman!)
I found out that if I over beat the dry and wet mix to long together it will be dry also.
I take my pancakes with me on missions and on the road when I travel. I find it doesn't need to be refrigerated. Sometimes I place it on my dashboard when I am on the run and it tastes as if it were fresh off the grill! Ummmm maybe even better!
They look like this unless my husband makes them. Then they look a little more fluffier. Also he makes them on a cast iron flat heavy skillet on the stove. He can make more at a time than I do on that thing.
If you like your pancakes sweeter, just add more sweetener to the wet mix.
Well, time to go out a feed the farm animals and collect the eggs!
Enjoy the weekend!
Suzanne
No comments:
Post a Comment