A lot has changed in the last six years for us, and him and it was fun to catch up on his adventures and our farm growth. We now have phone numbers and emails address and modern technology updated ways to keep in touch. I hope his adventures continue to grow more family friends!
So what have I been doing since the last blog? LOTS!
However, my most recent adventure and interests is those Gabion rock walls! I was walking out to feed the chickens one morning and twisted my ankle, on a rock, again. Here at this location, I seem to grow rocks effortlessly! So I took out a chicken cage that I had stored in the coop area and tossed a few rocks into it, thinking it would keep them out of my path. After a few levels of rock, I thought I should put the cage somewhere it would look nice. Next thing I know, I was out there, collecting rocks and my focus was filling the cage to the top with rocks. This is my first cage, ...after it has been moved twice! It isn't very big, about 10 inches tall by about 36 inches long and about 10 inches wide.
Well after that one, I got hooked, and looked around for more wired cages and fencing and made my own shapes. I was in a mode of don't mess with me I am on a mission! Tame those rocks! It took a couple of days to gather more rocks for the next bigger basket.
I learned after the first basket, that it takes a lot of rocks, which I have, I just have to go collect them, which is better to do in the cool weather.
I learned it takes a lot of time to stack those rocks so that they look somewhat decent. To which I am still practicing.
It was about the fourth day that something clicked in my process. And I am sure it has something to do with the fact that I had to unload a huge basket twice before I liked it. It was leaning crooked the first time. The second time it was bulging outward like a mushroom at the top. I learned to not push the effort at dark thinking I would get it done and I'd feel good about my project in the morning. Didn't happen. I was not as happy with it in the day light as I was in my pushed night time effort. YES! Every time I did that, I had to undo it the next day. I also learned to stand back to look at the stacking as I go up with a layer of rocks. Looking for holes and weird movement of the cage.
Needless to say, I am having fun! When I am no longer on this planet, the next person can easily remove the wall, in the meanwhile I am taming those rocks and for some reason can hardly wait to grow more rocks!
Oh, I need to mention another friend of mine. I emailed a picture of my craftiness to her to show her what I did when I copped an attitude over a rock. She sent me an idea! Put out a sign that says...
Ring Bell...
If no answer...
Stack Rocks!
Yup! I did make that sign! I am not happy with it just yet but this is one side of it for now. I have another side of it to practice on.
I will start to work on the other side tonight.
For now, time to go gather the eggs!
Until my next blog! Stay safe!
No comments:
Post a Comment